Susan van Wambeck
Graphic Design, Illustration, Web Site Design
35627 Reymouth Drive
Newark, CA 94560
- Over 15 years experience as owner of my own design business
- 9 years experience as a graphic designer in an ad agency or corporate advertising setting.
- Highly proficient using graphics software including Adobe CS, QuarkXPress, MS Office and web page design using HTML and Dreamweaver.
- Design and production of brochures, flyers, newspaper ads and inserts, presentations, business cards, catalogs, monthly promotional bulletins, letterheads, logos, packaging, posters, direct mail pieces, sales meeting materials and calendars.
- Illustration skills including extensive recent vector-based line drawings, digital collage combining traditional media, computer generated and manipulated images, photos and scanned objects, as well as traditional illustration including technical illustrations, line drawings of medical products and machinery, charts and graphs.
- Created hundreds of vector based illustrations for CTB/McGraw-Hill and Digital Learning standardized test questions. This included drawings of objects and people as well as diagrams, graphs and charts for Math questions.
- Created large format exhibits for the Boccardo Law Firm, including easily understood representations of a construction site created by compiling information from multiple photographs. These helped win the $5 million verdict.
- Designed complete packaging system for Randy's Candies, including various specialty labels for seasons and holidays.
- Production and design of electronic parts catalog including diagrams and illustrations.
- Created Photoshop collages including drawings, paintings, photographs and manipulated photographs.
- Created promotional materials, digital art prints and gallery invitations for artists. This included manipulation of images, color correction and enhancements.
- Directed multiple projects from initial concept through final printing and proofing.
- Coordinated typesetters, printers, service bureaus, delivery services, copywriters and artists, allocated work to free-lance and in-house artists and trained new artists.
- Designed web sites using Dreamweaver for:
Donna Sanson Artworks: http://www.donnasansonartworks.com
Linda Patterson Design: http://www.lindapattersondesign.com
Marcia Ritz, Artist: http://www.marciaritz.com
Lonesome Point: http://www.LonesomePoint.com
The Piccadilly Circus family ongoing site: http://www.hypersurf.com/~susan/final/zzz.htm
and contributed to the design of http://www.mepregion1.org
This included creating animated gifs and other art and illustrations for the internet.
- Exhibited paintings in oils, watercolors and pastels in numerous galleries.
- Coordinated the FAME (Fine Arts Mini Experience) Program for Kennedy Elementary School for five years, organizing the production of 6 school-wide presentations a year, including creation of stage scenery, directing parent presenters and student performers, finding music and props and planning an art activity.
- 1982 to Present
Designer, Production artist, Owner
Susan van Wambeck Graphics
Clients have included:
Keefe Enterprises, Alameda, CA
S|S Studios, San Anselmo, CA
Mossinger Consulting, Newark, CA
Aelpler-Gruppe Inc., Newark, CA
The Boccardo Law Firm, San Jose, CA
Donna Sanson Artworks, Fremont, CA
Linda Patterson Design, Newark, CA
International Aids Society–USA, San Francisco, CA
CTB McGraw-Hill, Sunnyvale, CA
IB Design, Foster City, CA
(including work for Hewlett-Packard,
Monster Cable, Print Solutions,
Aonix, and Calistoga)
Nuance Communications, Menlo Park, CA
Mission Graphics, Fremont, CA
(including work for Lawrence Livermore Labs
and Ford Aerospace)
Randy’s Candies, Glenwood, MN
Fremont Art Association, Fremont, CA
Palo Alto Orthopedic, Palo Alto, CA
Ward Electronics, Milpitas, CA
Delivery Delights, Fremont CA
KLocke Concepts, Fremont, CA
Equinox Press, Dublin, CA
Thora’s Graphics, Dublin, CA
- 2001 to 2002
Designer and Production Artist
Haggin Marketing, Sausalito, CA
(primarily on Good Guys account)
Safeway Advertising, Livermore, CA
- Full time employment before 1990 included:
American Scientific Products,
Division of American Hospital Supply, McGaw Park, IL
General Telephone Directory Co., Des Plaines, IL
Rotkin-Friedman Advertising, Chicago, IL.
B.A. in Fine Arts from Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI
To remain current I have taken Graphic Design and Computer Graphics classes from Foothill College and Ohlone College 1992 to the present.
I have traveled extensively in Europe and Africa (Kenya) including a 6 month period in Madrid, Spain and 3 months in Geneva, Switzerland. When I travel, I photograph, paint and study, increasing my resource base for future projects.